The Liberal Democrats exist to build and safeguard a fair, free and open society, in which we seek to balance the fundamental values of liberty, equality and community, and in which no-one shall be enslaved by poverty, ignorance or conformity.
We are an active group of Liberal Democrats, both party members and non-members who live or work in Hammersmith and Fulham. We aim to bring fair politics to local residents across the borough.
Our local priorities are:
1. Put local residents first, not developers and other vested interests, and stop the Council wasting our money.
2. Protect our green spaces and wildlife including Wormwood Scrubs, Ravenscourt Park, Hammersmith Park, Bishops Park, the riverbank and more.
3. Fully implement the Localism Act to support local input to developments, and impose new conditions for genuinely affordable housing and the environment, such as water harvesting to reduce the need for a "Super Sewer".
4. Keep Charing Cross Hospital open as a major hospital and secure a moratorium on future changes to NHS service provision in West London, until further research is undertaken. Oppose any plans to building exclusive housing to redevelop Charing Cross Hospital as luxury flats for overseas investors.
5. Make our neighbourhoods safer for cyclists and introduce more secure parking for bicycles, especially on estates.
6. Review the quantity and quality of housing stock and services, support local residents and ensure that affordable housing is built locally.